You make some really delicious, best you’ve ever had, slushy lemonade with added fresh fruits.
A little snippet about my life:
- I’m a 2nd year grad student
- I have always been the type of person to take every opportunity to push myself further in my career, even if it means overloading myself
- I have two jobs (both having to do with the second bullet)
- I still strive to straight A’s even when they don’t matter
- I don’t like to sell myself short, so I generally won’t
- I’ve never been a fan of people who complain too much or out of reason
- I like to run regularly, it’s an important part of my week
That being said, it must be obvious at this point that I’m going through some stuff. Believe me, I’ve had my share of bumpy roads, so I truly believe in the saying that “things never go as planned”. I’ve had so many plans that all got washed in different directions, but I also believe that I’m fairly good at taking it as is and moving on.
This past week has been really rough. I was on a 2 year track to graduate with 3 of my bestest friends in May of 2014, but lo and behold, life threw me a REALLY hard curveball in the past couple of days. For the first time, I was not able to talk myself out of it, get out of bed, stop moaping, stop with the anxiety, and get up and go for a run. In a nutshell, a lot of my hard work in the past few YEARS seems to not matter, and now I have to redo them all a different way which will set me back a little longer from graduating, as well as add a load of stress (as if I’m not tired and stressed enough).
But, enough with the complaining. It’s time to move on and accept what is. I can only pray and rely on God for strength. Already, He’s helping me feel at peace, and given me such a great support group (my friends and family are so amazing). Life truly truly does not slow down nor go as planned, but really, it’s always such a blessing to find out why it all happened when the timing is right.